Here is some of the recent coverage from the last couple of months on topics relevant to content on my blog, presentations and speaking engagements. No particular order or priority.
Press/Technology & Security eZines:
- Byte & Switch: Securing data wherever it travels
- CSO Online: Hoff - Commode Computing
- Computerworld & CSO Online: Four questions on Google App Security
- Dark Reading: Crossing the streams virtually
- SearchSecurity: PCI needs to address virtualization, experts say
- CSO Online: The myth of Cloud Computing
- CSO Online: Chris Hoff - On Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Computerworld: How can you secure a buzzword?
- CSO: Security Predictions - What happens next?
- ITWorld Canada: Security admins offer their risk management pitch
Website/Blog Coverage/Meaningful Links:
- Server Zone: Cloud Ontology - to boldly go where ITIL, Grid and SOA have gone before
- Virtualization.info: Top virtualization blogs of 2008
- VMware-land: Top 10 Virtualization blogs
- ebizQ: Naming the part of the cloud
- IT Management & Cloud Blog: And the 2009 Cloudie Award goes to...
- C|Net Wisdom Of the Clouds: Two ontologies shed light on Cloud Computing
- SeekingAlpha: Peak IT - The network industry's core challenge
- System Advancements at the Monastery: Recent Cloud Postings
- Meedabyte: Be open to winds of change
- ZDNet: Will EDoS be the next DDoS?
- Data Center Knowledge: Cloudy Day: CloudSwitch, AWS Torrents, eDoS
- SoftSecurity.com: Will EDoS be the next DDoS?
- The GridPlace.com: In Cloud Computing, a good network gives you control
- RiskAnalys.is: Penetration testing not dead, probably just pining for the fjord
- SYS-CON: How difficult is securing Cloud platforms? Services in a Cloud Computing Environment
- Data Center Networks (Cisco): Services in a Cloud Computing Environment
- Data Center Links: January Cloud Report
- Symantec Forums: How we win at securing customers in a virtual world
- VMBlog: The Future of virtualization
- Prism: Security - A casualty in the Sovereighnity vs Efficiency tradeoff
- Securosis: How the Cloud destroys everythng I love (about Web App Security)
- CloudAve: Cloud Computing Risks - EDoS
- Elastic Vapor: Cloud attack: Economic denial of sustainability (EDoS)
- Tripwire: Regulations need to get unreal
- Blog Of Trust: Be an IF-MAP Innovator
- DevCentral: The Context-Aware Cloud
- Law.com: Old habits persist in virtual security
- Brian Madden: What does Microsoft Azure have to do with us?
- Securosis: Everything old is new again in the fog of the cloud
- Securosis: Cloud Security macro layers
- Telematique: Clouds, the criminal element & V12N to the rescue
- Network Security Blog: PCI Compliance - get it in writing!
- Citrix Community Blog: Hoff is still confused
- ZDNet: Security will suffer in the financial crisis
I should note that many of my cloud computing writing is being republished over at the SYSCON Cloud Computing Journal with a self-branded mini-site: ChristoferHoff.Sys-Con.com
- Network Security Podcast Episode 131: Co-hosted with Rich Mogull
- Briefings Direct: Improved insights and analysis from systems logs reduce complexity risks from virtualization
- Virtualization.com: Video interview with Simon Crosby, Citrix CTO (not in it, mentioned)
- Cisco Data Center Blog: Data Center 3.0 anniversary note & new products video
I am confirmed to speak at the following upcoming events:
- Source Boston - Boston, MA - March 11-13
- TechTarget Threat Management Decisions Summit - New York, NY - March 26
- Americas Growth Capital InfoSec Conference (keynote) - San Francisco, CA, April 20
- RSA 2009 (multiple sessions) - San Francisco, CA, April 21-24
- Virtualization Congress - Las Vegas, NV, May 4-7
- (there are others being sorted at the moment)
I should/will be attending the following events:
- Cloud Computing Expo